Updated November 4, 2021
The COVID Task Force met on 11/04/2021 to discuss the status of COVID in our community and current directives from Public Health Madison Dane County (PHMDC).
- Effective Nov 5, 2021, PHMDC has extended the mask mandate for indoor activities and remains in effect until Saturday, Nov 27, 2021.
- While the number of new COVID cases is lower than in past weeks, the number still places our community in at a high level.
- While vaccinations are incrementally increasing (71.8% completed vaccinations), children under the age of 12 remain unvaccinated.
Please Note: Our most recent recommendations on wearing masks for all church activities indoors remains in effect for those aged 2 and older. For outdoor activities we still encourage masks, but they are not required. The changes outlined for worship in our last communications remain.
Given the holiday season is around the corner, the task force decided to maintain our mask requirements for indoor activities through the first week in January 2022 regardless of potential changes by public health officials.
- We know the holiday season increase the chances of sharing communicable diseases such as the flu and COVID. With numerous church gatherings and the potential for larger groups at services and guests, we believe it is prudent to extend the mask requirement. The protection of unvaccinated children and those who are immunocompromised remain keys to our decision process.
- Vaccination of children aged 5 to 11 will take place during this time and will position the community and our church to allow us to review our position on masks, social distancing, and other requirements with the New Year.
- Recent CDC guidance reenforces the wearing of masks and vaccinations as key to controlling the COVID pandemic. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/celebrations.html
- The task force will meet in early January to assess the status of COVID and vaccinations, then make recommendations going forward. While we are hopeful, we can reduce mask requirements.
All members of the task force are available to answer questions or discuss concerns.
John Zweig, (920) 427-5540, email@example.com
Gary Toboyek, 608-852-6103, firstname.lastname@example.org
Task Force Members:
Pastor Tim Dean
Pastor Kelli Schmit